For those people who have downloaded version 1.0.1 of Cloud Shadows I have prepared an updated version v 1.1.0 to address a couple of issues that have been found..
At dawn and dusk shadows could sometimes appear incorrectly.
Cloud shadows did not appear when you were in the VC of an aircraft that did not show VC shadows.
- A paused flight that was loaded would not show cloud shadows until it was unpaused.
When FSX is paused cloud shadows may occasionally not appear or appear incorrectly.
FSL Spotlights – cloud shadows are never shown
- Reshade version 3 – cloud shadows are never shown. Legacy versions prior to version 3 are ok.
I don’t believe that either of these can be fixed. If this is a problem for you then send me an email to the yahoo email address in the manual.
Update Procedure if you obtained DX10SceneryFixer from FastSpring
- Download Build 97 of DX10SceneryFixer from Fastspring (same URL that you used for the previous version) and install it (no need to uninstall the existing version)
- Download V1.1.0 of DX10 CloudShadows from Fastspring (same URL that you used for the previous version and install it (no need to uninstall the existing version)
- Launch DX10Controller and Update the libraries.
That’s it – now run FSX.
Update Procedure if you obtained DX10SceneryFixer from the Flight Sim Store
Follow the instructions as written and do not skip steps. Basically it’s a full uninstall followed by an install, but unlike the Fastspring process you will need to have your licenses to hand and there is a final step to update the libraries that you must not forget.
Stage 1 – Uninstall Everything
- Launch DX10 Controller and uninstall the libraries
- Open Control Panel -> programs and uninstall DX10CloudShadows and SteveFSX DX10SceneryFixer
Stage 2 Reinstall DX10 Scenery Fixer – this is the normal Flight Sim Store Install process.
- Reinstall version 3.1 build 96 of Dx10SceneryFixer following the Flight Sim Store process
- Install the libraries in DX10 Controller and close it
Stage 3 Reinstall DX10 Cloud Shadows – this is exactly the same process installation process as you would have done previously followed except for the popup message at step 5
- Download V1.1.0 of DX10 CloudShadows from Fastspring (same URL that you used for the previous version) – and install it.
- Launch DX10 Controller and Update the libraries – the AddOns button will then appear
Go into the Addon Dialog and enter the license for DX10 Cloud Shadows as you did before.
(be careful here – there may be a windows elevation prompt that can get hidden if you should switch to another window to look at the license to be entered)
- A popup will appear saying it has patched the fixer to build 97
- Close the DX10Controller
Stage 4 – Final Update of Libraries – this is new.
Launch DX10 Controller and Update the libraries
That’s it – now run FSX.