Version 3.0 of DX10 Scenery Fixer is now available from FastSpring for new and existing customers. It is also available to existing customer from The Flight Sim Store.
If you purchased from FastSpring then the download link that you received by email when you purchased should become valid again and allow you to download the new version.
If you have lost your download link then send me an email to the stevefsx email address at yahoo and I will sort it out.
If you purchased from the Flight Sim Store then log onto your account there to download the updated version.
3.0 Changes are
Several fog improvements and fixes.
- Added fogging of the Sun!
Fixed a bug whereby the Axis fix stopped high level clouds being fogged.
- Improved the fogging of taxiways in dense fog when they could appear blue!
- Ignore effects.cfg file when looking for changed effects – this was causing false alerts for customers with Flusifix
- First Time Installation Dialog for new customers.
- Moved Debug Options to top menu
- Fix to handle for broken tangents within some models which caused e.g black stripes with a few Virtavia models
- Added SpecialFeatures in DX10.ini to assist with some After Burner Effects that did not work
- Bug Fix: 2nd system Effects were not updating configuration correctly so settings looked wrong
- Bug Fix: Rain dialog wasn’t setting ASN value.
Whilst those might perhaps sound an uninteresting set of changes, Version 3.0 also has provision for using the Sim Connect API which I plan to use in some new add on modules for the fixer.
Update 19th August – I have uploaded a minor revision that removes the diagnostics warning about AMD drivers as I now believe that the latest AMD drivers are ok.